Plantain Flour 1 LB Free Shipping
Our #1 selling flour! Customers love it! Made entirely with green plantains, it tastes great in recipes and wont entirely crumble like many gluten-free flours. Swap completely with regular flour ¾ cup to 1 of flour.
Plantain flour is a staple food in many tropical regions of the world and used in similar ways as regular flour. Plantains are a member of the banana family and very popular in West Africa, South America and the Caribbean. It is usually boiled, fried, baked or grilled as a side dish.
- Delicious VEGAN PALEO flour made entirely out of GREEN PLANTAINS
- Only one ingredient
- NO grain
- NO gluten
- NO preservatives
- NO additives
- NO added color
- For cooking, baking, pastries, waffles, pancakes & more
For use in baking, pastries, waffles, pancakes, breads, soups & more.
Swap ¾ cup of plantain flour for every cup of regular flour required in your recipe
One very large green plantain can make approx. 2 cups of plantain flour
To make plantain waffles:
Ingredients (4-6 Servings):
- 2 cups plantain Flour
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp oil or melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- Mix all ingredients in a mixer or bowl
- Follow your waffle iron instructions. Add some water if too thick or more flour if too runny.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings